15 Apr Fortunately/Unfortunately
This is a fun storytelling game that can be as long or as short as you want it to be. As you know, all stories require tension, conflict, and mishaps, but also good things need to happen to characters (or else we’d get bored and wander off). In this game you will orchestrate the ups and downs, trials and tribulations, big wins and major losses of your main characters in your own story.
You will need:
- At least 3 people
- Your imagination!
- Nominate someone to start. They will begin with “Once Upon a Time” and make up the first sentence of you story.Players will then take it in time to add a sentence each. Player 2 will then say “Fortunately…” and Player 3 will continue, with something good happening in the narrative. They will then end their sentence and say “Unfortunately…’ and so on, alternating every turn.Hints and Tips:
- Some stories will fall flat on their face, and that’s fine – just start again. I bet Harry Potter didn’t tumble out into JK Rowling’s laptop fully-formed on the first go!
- Say ‘yes’ to the person before you. Not LITERALLY, but go with their idea and add to it, rather than drag it back to your own plan.
- Don’t get upset if the story goes somewhere you didn’t expect – that’s the joy of working together.
- If the story is fantastic, why not put pen to paper and turn it into a short story
Why not become a member..check out our membership page. http://dramadale.co.uk/about/membership/
For further details please contact email@example.com